Slow Cooker Date Paste & Balsamic Pulled Chicken
Try this recipe for slow cooker pulled chicken for your next get together. We use date paste and balsamic vinegar for a sweet and tangy variation on the usual barbecue sauce.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- ½ cup DateME Date Paste
- 1 ½ cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients except for the chicken and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally, until thick.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over it. (We recommend saving some sauce to serve with the cooked chicken.)
- Cook chicken on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, place on a board and shred with two forks.
- Serve on rolls with the remaining sauce on the side.
Recipe is adapted from The Recipe Rebel.
Share This Recipe: