Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Nobody should have to miss out on having a cookie (or two or three) just because they follow a gluten free diet. Our gluten free sugar cookies are a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup DateME Date Paste
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp. gluten free flour
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently melt the butter and date paste together in a microwave-safe bowl 15 seconds at a time until the date paste is pliable and soft. Mix in the coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Once the mixture is slightly cooled, whisk in the egg.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda and slowly mix it into the wet ingredients. Mix until combined but do not overmix.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and flatten with a rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper. If the dough begins to stick, dust it with flour. Roll until the dough is about ¼ inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Carefully transfer the shapes to a parchment covered sheet pan. Roll the scraps left over into a ball and repeat rolling and cutting out shapes until you have used up all of the dough.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes or until they have started to turn golden.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool then decorate with your favorite icing and toppings.
Share This Recipe: