Date & Pumpkin Oatmeal
The best way to start the day is with a substantial breakfast, and date and pumpkin oatmeal definitely fits the bill. Sweetened with date paste, you’ll love the combination of oats, walnuts, and pumpkin.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup coconut milk or other milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2-4 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Optional garnish: sugar coated cranberries
- Place rolled oats, water, and sprinkle of salt in a pot over medium heat. Once the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to thicken.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, date paste, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes, or until the date paste has melted and blended into the oats. If the oats are too dry, add a little additional milk.
- Divide the oats into 2-3 bowls and top with chopped walnuts, additional milk, and any add-ins you like, such as sugared cranberries or nut butter.
Share This Recipe: