Chocolate Coconut Date Ice Cream
Ice cream season is almost upon us, and what could taste better than homemade ice cream that combines the fresh flavor of DateME date paste with chocolate and coconut? This recipe does not use any added sugar and is dairy free, gluten free, Paleo and vegan. Your kids will just know that it’s delicious!
- 2¼ cup full-fat coconut milk (highly recommend Aroy-D brand)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- pinch of salt
- Pour the coconut milk into a large jar along with the cocoa powder, DateME date paste, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Using an immersion blender, blend all of the ingredients together for about 15 seconds or until the liquid becomes a thick mousse.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a pyrex or freezer-friendly dish and cover. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and give it a stir.
- Place the ice cream back in the freezer for an additional 1-2 hours and then carefully scoop out and serve immediately.
If you end up freezing the ice cream for longer, allow it to sit out to soften so it will be easily scoopable. Alternatively, you can mix the frozen ice cream in a high-speed blender and re-freeze the mixture for 30-60 minutes before serving. Top with sprinkles, whipped cream, or your favorite ice cream topping!
Share This Recipe: