Baked Oatmeal with Nuts & Blueberries
Instead of oatmeal made on the stove, try some baked oatmeal for a change of pace. Our recipe calls for date paste, chopped nuts, and blueberries. It makes a great hearty breakfast for cold winter months.
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 5 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, butter or ghee
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (or berry of choice)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, pecans, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the date paste and coconut oil to a separate microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the coconut oil is melted and the date paste is soft. Mix in the coconut milk, water, and vanilla extract. If it is very warm, allow it to cool slightly and then whisk in the eggs.
- Grease a square baking dish and pour in about ⅓ of the oat mixture. Layer with ⅓ of the date mixture, then add ⅓ cup of blueberries. Repeat two more times and finish off with the last of the blueberries. Sprinkle with top with the coconut sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F. Increase the temperature to 375°F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Share This Recipe: