Blueberry Lemon Muffins Sweetened with Date Paste
Blueberry and lemon is a classic combination, but we add a twist by using date paste to sweeten these muffins. So good to grab for breakfast or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
For the Muffins:
- ½ cup DateME Date Paste
- 1½ Tbsp. salted butter, softened
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2-3 Tbsp. coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (we used wild blueberries)
- pinch of salt
For the Crumb Topping:
- 6 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
Yield: 10-12 Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine the date paste, butter, 2 tablespoons coconut milk, almond butter, and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Mix together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and add them to the date mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Fold in the rolled oats and blueberries. If the mixture still appears dry, add the remaining milk.
- Pour the mixture into 10-12 muffin tins with liners.
- For the crumb topping, mix all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Crumble the mixture on top of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through and the topping is starting to turn golden. If desired, top with powdered sugar icing (recipe found here).
Share This Recipe: