Date & Maple Caramel Apples
Our date and maple caramel apples are as fun to make as they are to eat! After coating the apples with the caramel, dip them in your choice of nuts, chocolate, or coconut for even more flavor. Made with the goodness of DateME date paste, they are sure to be a hit.
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- ½ cup DateME Date Paste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk (or cream)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4-6 apples
- chopped nuts and mini chocolate chips for coating
- Insert popsicle sticks into the top of the apples. Set the apples aside.
- In a small pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the date paste and maple syrup. Stir with a spoon or whisk to encourage the date paste to melt.
- Once the date paste begins melting, add the coconut milk, water, and vanilla extract.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture has come together into a bubbly paste.
- Dip an apple into the caramel using the popsicle stick as a handle. Turn so the caramel completely coats all sides of the apple. Use a spoon if needed to help spread the caramel.
- Pour the chocolate chips and nuts into shallow bowls or dishes. Press the caramel apples into the toppings and gently push the nuts or chocolate into the caramel.
- Place the apples stick side up in the fridge for 2-4 hours until caramel is firm.
Share This Recipe: