Carrot, Ginger & Date Dressing with Quinoa Salad
Our carrot, ginger, and date dressing is a tasty way to add some nutrition to your diet. It’s great on salads or as a dip for veggies or crispy pita chips. It can also be added to wraps or spread on sandwiches instead of the usual condiments.
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ Tbsp. fresh turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- 2 Tbsp. tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
For the Salad:
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water or broth of choice
- ½ small red cabbage, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- To make the dressing, blend all dressing ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth.
- To make the salad, add the quinoa and water or broth to a pot and heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to rest.
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces or pulse in a food processor. Thinly slice the green onions. Chop the red pepper, cilantro, and cashews.
- Toss all vegetables together and combine them with the quinoa.
- Top the quinoa salad with the dressing and toss together. Sprinkle with additional cashews and/or green onion before serving.
Share This Recipe: