DateME Sea Salt Chocolate Bars
The thought of making your own chocolate can be intimidating, but DateME Sea Salt Chocolate Bars can be whipped up with very little effort. Just make sure you have chocolate molds to form the bars.
- ⅔ cup cacao butter
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 3 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- sprinkle of coarse sea salt
- Optional add ons: crushed almonds or hazelnuts, coconut flakes, etc.
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler. As it melts, whisk in the date paste. This may take a few minutes, so take your time whisking, and use the back of a fork if there are big clumps.
- Whisk in the almond butter, vanilla extract, and salt. The mixture will not be completely smooth at this point, but that’s okay.
- Slowly whisk in the cocoa powder so that there are no clumps. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before continuing.
- Sprinkle some coarse sea salt in whatever molds you are using for your chocolate.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and tap the mold to ensure the chocolate gets into all of the nooks.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe: