Chocolate Date Brownie Energy Bites
There are hundreds of recipes for energy bites out there. What do they all have in common? Well, dates are the main ingredient! This is mainly due to the numerous nutritional benefits of dates, but also because they are a good binder for dry ingredients.
The best thing about making your own energy bites as opposed to buying them is that you know exactly what’s in them. This is particularly important for those on restricted diets. Here’s a quick and easy way to make an energy bite that you probably will make several times over. As shown, we dipped ours in white chocolate and decorated them with star shaped sprinkles. We like to have some glamour even when we eat healthy!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1-1/4 cups DateME Date Paste
- 3-1/2 Tbsp cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Yield: 16-24 bites
- Combine all ingredients in the order listed, in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until mixture resembles coarse gravel.
- Stop the processor and check the mixture inside. If it sticks together when you smush it, and everything looks incorporated, you’re done.
- Roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Good for a week or so, if they last that long.
Recipe adapted from Our Paleo Life.
Share This Recipe: