Date Tahini Bread
Date Tahini Bread has two different flavors layered throughout: tahini and chocolate. It’s an unusual combination that we are sure will become a favorite once you have tried this dessert bread.
- 5 Tbsp. tahini
- 6 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the date paste and butter in a bowl and microwave until just softened. Add 4 tablespoons of tahini, the coconut milk and vanilla extract and mix.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the batter.
- Fold in baking powder, baking soda, and 6 tablespoons of almond flour.
- Divide the batter between two bowls.
- In one bowl, add 1 tablespoon of tahini and 1 tablespoon of almond flour. In the other bowl, add the cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of almond flour.
- Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper. Alternate pouring the cocoa and tahini batters in layers into the pan until you have used up all of the batter. Use a chopstick or knife to carefully swirl the layers together. If desired, top with the coconut sugar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the bread starts to brown. Allow to fully cool before slicing.
Share This Recipe: