Chocolate Banana Date Mini Doughnuts
If you have a couple of bananas hanging around that you don’t want waste, use them to make these decadent doughnuts. Full of chocolate, date paste, and walnuts, you’ll have a hard time keeping them around! They are delicious with or without the coconut milk icing.
For the Doughnut:
- 2 large bananas
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2-3 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- ½ vanilla extract
- ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tsp. coconut flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ baking soda
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 40g dark chocolate, chopped
For the Icing:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp. coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ vanilla extract
- crushed walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel the bananas and mash them together in a large bowl.
- Microwave the butter and date paste together until they are melted and mix together easily. Stir the butter and date mixture into the bananas along with the vanilla extract.
- Once the mixture cools slightly, whisk in the egg.
- In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon (if desired).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the chopped walnuts and chocolate.
- Grease a mini doughnut pan with a little butter and fill each mold with batter so the batter just reaches the top lip of the molds. Bake at 375°F for 15-18 minutes, or until firm and golden. Allow to cool fully before icing.
- To make the icing, pour the powdered sugar into a bowl. Add the vanilla extract and mix in the milk one teaspoon at a time until a thick icing forms.
- Carefully remove the doughnuts from the pans and press the top of the doughnut into the icing. If the doughnuts are too fragile, you can use the back of a spoon to carefully ice the tops of the doughnuts. Top with crushed walnuts.
Share This Recipe: