Apple Cider & Date Vinaigrette With Fall Quinoa Salad
This quinoa salad is paired with a zesty dressing that includes apple cider vinegar, date paste, and dijon mustard. Roasting the squash imparts even more flavor to this hearty autumn dish.
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2½ Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ -½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ -¼ tsp. black pepper
For the Salad:
- 1 Delicata squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head Lacinato kale
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or broth
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 large apple
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Start with the smaller amount of salt and pepper and add more to taste as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the ends off of the squash and core out the seeds. Slice into ¼ inch slices and toss in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Lay the squash on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes on each side, until golden.
- In a pot on the stove, combine the quinoa and liquid. Bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover the pot and allow to cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat and allow the quinoa to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Halve and core the apple. Cut into thin slices.
- Destem the kale and chop into small pieces.
- Massage a small amount of dressing into the kale until it is wilted.
- Combine the kale, cooked quinoa, squash slices, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and apple slices.
- Fold in about half of the dressing and season to taste. Top with remaining dressing as desired.
Share This Recipe: