Gluten Free Date & Nut Bars
There are many, many recipes out there for energy bars, but none is as delicious as this one! Made with almonds, cashews, and date paste (with a dash of cocoa), these bars are great for an afternoon pick-up or a snack anytime! The nuts and nut butter provide protein, and the date paste supplies you with a healthy energy boost.
- ¾ cup DateME Date Paste
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg white
Yield: 6-8 bars
- Pulse the almonds and cashews in a food processor until they resemble coarse meal with some pieces the size of small pebbles.
- Add the salt, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and pulse until combined.
- Add the date paste and almond butter and process until a uniform dough forms.
- Add the egg white to the processor and blend until combined.
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment.
- Spoon the dough into the pan and press it down around the bottom of the pan.
- Grease your fingers with a little coconut oil and continue to press the dough down flat so it is of uniform thickness. Alternatively, you can place another piece of parchment on top of the dough and gently spread and flatten the dough using the side of your fist.
- Prick the dough a few times using a toothpick.
- Place the pan in the oven and allow the bars to bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to fully cool.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 20 minutes, then lift the parchment with the bars from the pan. Cut into 6-8 bars. Enjoy!
Share This Recipe: