Cherry Chocolate Biscotti
This delicious cherry chocolate biscotti is made with DateME date paste and is vegan and gluten free. Goes great with that afternoon cup of coffee or as a sweet breakfast treat.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch/flour
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- ½ Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- ¼ cup DateME Date Paste, cold and cut into pieces
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted (for dipping)
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, white rice flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda to a food processor and pulse 5-10 times.
- Add the butter and date paste to the food processor and pulse until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and pulse until combined.
- Fold in the dried cherries and form the dough into a ball. Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lay the dough out on a parchment covered sheet pan and form it into a slightly raised rectangle about 9”x4” in size. You can sprinkle the top of the dough with a little coconut sugar if you’d like.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the underside of the biscotti just starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Carefully cut the biscotti into ¾”-1” thick pieces. Carefully separate the cookies and place them on their sides. Bake for an additional 5 minutes on each side, then remove the biscotti from the oven and allow them to fully cool. After they cool, place them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- While the biscotti is cooling, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- When the biscotti is ready, dip the bottom of the cookies into the chocolate and spread/flatten the chocolate out with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place them in the fridge chocolate side up to set.
- When the chocolate has set, flip them over and drizzle chocolate over the top of the biscotti. Allow the chocolate to set, then enjoy!
Share This Recipe: