Seared Lamb Chops with Date Sauce
Seared lamb chops with date sauce is a wonderfully fragrant, complex, and savory entreé. The chops are seasoned with an array of spices, and the sauce is redolent of orange, garlic, and ginger along with the date paste. It makes for a very elegant and special dinner!
For the Lamb Chops:
- 1 lb. lamb chops
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. sumac
- ½ Tbsp. oil
For the Date Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- cinnamon stick
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. coriander
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat a cast iron skillet in a 375°F oven for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, garlic powder, coriander, salt, and sumac. Sprinkle the spice mix on the lamb chops.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place it on a stove top burner set to medium high. Add the oil to the skillet. When the oil starts to sizzle, add the lamb chops. Sear for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the chops are done to your liking.
- To make the sauce, combine the date paste, orange juice, and water in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and add in the remaining ingredients except for the cilantro.
- Heat the pan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat for about 5 minutes, adding additional water 1-2 Tbsp. at a time if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Plate the sauce under and/or over the chops and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Share This Recipe: