Bacon & Date Turnovers
When people hear the word “bacon”, dates are not the first thing that might come to mind. Having said that, this brilliant recipe for bacon and date turnovers might change the word association game for good! We want to express our gratitude to April, our innovative client who came up with this delightful combination. Thank you April!
- 1 roll puff pastry dough (ready to use)
- ¼ cup cream cheese (or cheese of your choice, such as feta)
- diced bacon strips (previously made and cooled)
- ½ cup DateME Date Paste
Yield: About 12 turnovers
- Preheat oven according to instructions on the package of puff pastry.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Slightly thin it out using a rolling pin.
- Cut out round pieces of dough for the turnovers using a cup or a circular cookie cutter.
- Fill each circle with a teaspoon each of bacon, date paste and cheese.
- Fold over each filled circle and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, and place the turnovers on the sheet.
- Bake as directed on the box of the puff pastry, usually about 10-15 minutes.
Variations to try: Roasted and salted nuts instead of the bacon, any kind of soft cheese like brie or feta, or caramelized onions with dates and feta.
Share This Recipe: