Cranberry Orange Scones with Cardamom
Who doesn’t like a scone with their morning cup of coffee? Our cranberry orange version uses date paste instead of sugar and includes cardamom for some spice. Delicious!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter, cold
- ¼ cup DateME Date Paste
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. coconut milk
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp. orange zest
- ⅛-¼ tsp. cardamom
- butter for brushing
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix together the almond flour, oat flour, rice flour, tapioca starch, and baking powder.
- Cut the butter and date paste into small pieces and work it into the flour mixture with your hands.
- Gently mix the vanilla extract and coconut milk into the flour mixture until just combined and the dough is still a bit crumbly.
- Gently fold in the cranberries, orange zest, and cardamom.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into a loose ball and place it on the parchment. Shape the dough into a flattened circle about 1” thick. Cut the dough into 6 wedges and carefully separate them on the parchment.
- Lightly brush the scone tops with melted butter. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the scones just begin to turn golden on top and are browned on the bottom. Allow to fully cool after removing from oven.
- Once cool, drizzle with a simple icing of powdered sugar mixed with a little coconut milk, or sift a little powdered sugar on top!
Share This Recipe: