Sweet Potato & Date Brownie Bites
Sweet potatoes for dessert is not a new thing, but they can be used for more than just pie! Our gluten free sweet potato brownie recipe uses date paste instead of sugar and gets an added dollop of delish from chocolate chips.
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup DateME Date Paste
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. chocolate extract
- 1 Tbsp. coconut cream
- 5 Tbsp. almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3+ Tbsp. mini chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- Roast a large sweet potato at 350°F for about an hour or until soft. Scoop out 1 cup of the flesh and allow to cool.
- Add the butter, date paste, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips to an oven-safe dish. Melt in a microwave or oven until the butter is just melted. Mix together until well combined.
- Add the sweet potato and butter mixture to a food processor. Add the coconut cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and chocolate extract. Blend until well combined. Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking soda and pulse until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the food processor and blend for a few more seconds.
Pour the brownie batter into a parchment-lined pan. Top with the remaining chocolate chips (or more if you’d like). Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the brownies are firm. Allow brownies to fully cool before cutting into squares. Dust with cocoa powder once cooled if you’d like!
Share This Recipe: