Date Balsamic Vinaigrette with Watermelon & Feta Salad
Watermelon and feta salad has become a classic for warm weather dining. Our balsamic vinaigrette made with DateME date paste gives it a little something extra.
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup minus 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. DateME Date Paste
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ + tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
For the Salad:
- cubed seedless watermelon cut into ½”-¾” cubes (about 2 cups)
- cubed/crumbled feta cheese (2-4 oz.)
- cucumber, halved and cut into ¼” slices (½ large or 1 small cucumber)
- baby arugula (2-3 cups)
- fresh basil (handful)
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing together in a high speed blender until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place arugula on the bottom of a bowl or tray.
- In a separate bowl, add the cubed watermelon, sliced cucumber, and feta cheese. Drizzle the dressing on top and gently toss everything together.
- Top the arugula with the dressed watermelon, cucumber, and feta. Chop or mince the basil and sprinkle on top.
You will have plenty of dressing leftover for additional salads!
Share This Recipe: